SHARE
Pierre-Ambroise Bosse

A world champion runner who won gold at London earlier this month has said he has been attacked by three people in a brutal assault.

French track and field athlete Pierre-Ambroise Bosse took to social media to say he had suffered “multiple fractures to the face” following the attack which allegedly happened while he was in a crowd.

The 25-year-old from Nantes was crowned world champion in the men’s 800 metres final at the World Championships earlier in August.

Writing on his Facebook page on Wednesday evening, the Frenchman wrote: “Last Saturday I was the victim of a violent assault.”

He said he suffered “unspeakable psychological damage” and will no longer be able to work temporarily.

His athletics season has stopped from today, he added.
An investigation is now under way, added Bosse, who competed in the Rio Olympics and the European Championships in Amsterdam last year.

“I who have always loved people, I love three of them less today.”

                (standard.co.uk)