Araly Church of the American Ceylon Mission which was renovated will be dedicated for the Glory of God in a special thanksgiving service on Sunday the July 16, 2017 at 4.00PM by the Chairperson of the Church of the American Ceylon Mission Rev.T. Thevanesan.
Many social and religious dignitaries, clergies, members of the Araly Church from overseas and local and well-wishers would be witnessing this grand historical event in the life of the Araly Church of the American Ceylon Mission
The Araly church was established by the American Ceylon Missionaries who arrived in Jaffna in 1816.
The church also established in the year 1860. Originally the church was established in West Araly. Since Majority of the Araly church members are from the Northern part of Aralya church was built in the current premises in 1906. This church is situated 8Km away from Jaffna, on the Kallundai – Vaddukoddai road.
This church produced many charismatic church leaders, Doctors, Engineers, Politicians, and Advocates etc.
The ethnic war that prevailed in this country for more than 30 years, as in the other places of the Northern Province, made many of the Araly members to leave Araly and eventually migrate to other districts of Sri Lanka or to other countries.
However, few members opted to stay back. The migrated members maintained a close relationship with their church and the members living in Araly.
This church building is more than 100 years old and due to the natural decay and other factors, needed almost very urgent major repairs. The estimated cost of this project, two years ago was Rs. 4 million.
Members spent their valuable time and energy in supervising the works and the project progressed well. In the process of renovation, they faced lots of challenges, both physical and financial. But the Almighty God made everything possible. God cleared all the obstacles.