A no-bake cake that’s perfect for making with children. You can also pick and mix the fillings to suit your taste.
• 250g/8oz Marie biscuits
• 150g/5oz milk chocolate
• 150g/5oz dark chocolate
• 100g/3½oz unsalted butter
• 150g/5oz golden syrup
• 100g/3½oz dates chopped
• 75g/2½oz sultanas
• 60g/2oz cashewnuts chopped (optional)
1. Use cling film to line a 20cm (8in) shallow, square-shaped tin. Leave extra cling film hanging over the sides.
2. Bash the biscuits into pieces using a rolling pin. (Put them in a plastic bag first so they don’t go everywhere!)
3. Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, dates, sultanas and cashewnuts(optional).
5. Spoon the mixture into the tin. Level the surface by pressing it down with a potato masher.
6. Leave to cool, then put the chocolate mixture in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
7. Turn out the cake and peel off the cling film. Cut the cake into 12 squares and enjoy!