The soft opening of the refurbished Old Benedictines’ Sports Club, (OBSC) Rev. Bro. Alban Patrick Club House, will take place on June 4 (Saturday) at 7 pm.
The OBSC which was inaugurated in 1958, now under the Presidency of Malsiri Perera, commenced the refurbishment project on February 20, 2016, encouraged by the initial donation received from the Old Bens, Toronto Branch Canada.
As donations and sponsorships subsequently poured in to the coffers from the Old Bens, the Club House got a new ceiling, better illumination, new furniture, new Projector with a drop down screen, CCTV and upgraded toilet facilities.
In 1957, then Director, Rev. Bro. Alban Patrick, donated the Upper Floor of the College ground pavilion for the use of the old boys.
After the blessing of the premises the portraits of Rev. Bro. Luke Gregory and Rev. Bro. Alban Patrick will be unveiled, followed by a fellowship dinner.