The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists last night (9 May 2016) published a searchable database that strips away the secrecy of nearly 214,000 offshore entities created in 21 jurisdictions, from Nevada to Hong Kong and the British Virgin Islands.
The data, part of the Panama Papers investigation, is the largest ever release of information about offshore companies and the people behind them. This includes, when available, the names of the real owners of those opaque structures.
The database also displays information about more than 100,000 additional offshore entities ICIJ had already disclosed in its 2013 Offshore Leaks investigation.
ICIJ is publishing the information in the public interest.
“The new data that ICIJ is now making public represents a fraction of the Panama Papers, a trove of more than 11.5 million leaked files from the Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca, one of the world’s top creators of hard-to-trace companies, trusts and foundations,” the ICIJ said.
The list of names associated with Sri Lanka in the tranche are reproduced below from the offshore leaks website;
The list of intermediaries linked to Sri Lanka include (link to offshore entities):
- SIMON PAUL FINCH, BEST CHEERS LIMITED (link)
- ASIA CAPITAL LIMITED, TECLLOYD LTD. (link)
- ADVANTEC NETWORK SYSTEMS PVT. LTD., OVERSEAS FINANCE LIMITED (link)
The list of addresses linked to Sri Lanka include:
- 325 PARK RD, COLOMBO 05 SRI LANKA
- 49; Siri Dhammadara Road; Ratmalana
- 50/12 Siripa Road Colombo 5
- 52 Galle Road; Colombo 3
- 61 Barnes Place; Colombo 7
- 7/3 DE FONSEKA PLACE
- 7A Sumner Place; Borella
- FLAT 8B; CEYLINCO SEYLAN TOWER; 90 GALLE ROAD; Colombo 5
- No. 250 Havelock Road Colombo 5
- No.25; Mision Lane; Pitakotte; Sri Lanka
- 127/9 New Parliament Road; Battaramulla
- 168/7; Siripura Gardens; Rajamahavihara Road
- 17; Sirimal Avenue; Off Quarry Road; Dehiwala
- 18A PALMYRAH AVE.; COLUMBO 3
- Sri Bimbarama Road; Kolamunna
- 2/2 KASAPPA ROAD; Colombo 5
- 309 MAHAHUNUPITIYA; NEGOMBO