Tea powder – 1 & 1/2 tblsp
Water – 1 & 1/2 cups
Sugar – 2 tblsp (or as per ur taste)
Lemon juice – 1 tblsp
Serve it icy cold, as it is ICED lemon tea. Also add ice cubes.
Keep hydrated this hot season
Cooking spray or butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 cup nonfat buttermilk
(Mix 3/4 cup plain yogurt with 1/4 cup of milk.
Stir and make it a quick substitution for buttermilk)
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon lemon rind
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Lemon rind strips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. To prepare cake, coat 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray; line bottoms of pans with wax paper. Coat wax paper with cooking spray. Dust pans with 2 tablespoons flour, and set aside.
3. Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
4. Place granulated sugar and 1/2 cup butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and nonfat buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat in 2 tablespoons lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans; sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 32 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack; remove wax paper from cake layers.
6. To prepare icing, combine powdered sugar and the remaining ingredients (except lemon rind strips) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread half of icing on top of cake. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining half of icing over top of cake. Garnish with lemon rind strips, if desired. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Bring water to boil until it bubbles, then add the tea and boil in medium flame for 3 minutes. 1-boil
Filter through a tea strainer and add sugar, mix to dissolve it. Cool down to room temperature. 2-filter
Squeeze lemon in the tea. Fill a tall glass with ice and pour the tea over it and enjoy!
Add tea powder only after water boils for best results. Do not boil more than 3 minutes as it may turn strong and bitter.
Keep covered while the tea comes to room temperature to retain its flavor.
Adjust lemon juice and sugar as per your taste.