Mango mousse with biscuit base
Marie biscuit – 1 packet
Melted butter – 4 tbspns
Sugar – 1 tbspn
Mangoes – 2 + 1 large
Gelatin – 1 tbspn
Warm water – 1/4 cup
Heavy cream/whipping cream – 300 ml
Fine sugar/castor sugar – 1/2 cup
1. Break the crackers, add them to a blender. Blend the crackers along with melted butter and pulse until a smooth mix is formed.
2. Press biscuit mixture into bottom of tart pan, evenly across entire bottom and up part of the sides. Refrigerate it until use.
3. Peel and chop 1 mango. Blend into a smooth paste.
4. Put the gelatin in water, mix well. Microwave for 10-20 secs until gelatin is dissolved.
5. Add the dissolved gelatin to the mango mix and blend for 30 secs. Keep aside.
6. Whisk the cream and castor sugar, until it forms soft peaks. Add the mango mixture to a bowl and fold the mixture gently until it’s mixed well and no cream/ mango streaks are seen.
7. For the mango topping, carefully remove the skin of 2 mangoes, make two large slices as close to the pit as possible. Then cut very thin mango slices.
8. Add mango mousse to the center of the crust and then begin to spread out evenly across surface, leaving a small perimeter around the crust untouched by mango mousse.
9. Line the perimeter of the crust with mango slices, letting the edges slightly overlap so that the slices stand up and stay curved. Then start on your next row of mangoes, placing mango slices in the spots in between two mango slices from the previous outer row. The overlapping pattern is what will make the rose pattern.
10. For the center you can either just roll up a mango slice and form the center of a rose or place some fresh fruits and mint leaves are garnish.
11. Refrigerate it for 1-2 hours. cut them into slices and serve over a dollop of whipped cream or as it is! ENJOY!
Pune’s special drink Mango Mastani
Mastani is nothing but a thick milkshake served with a big dollop of icecream.
(used american measuring cup, 1 cup = 250 ml)
2 cup chopped mango or fresh mango pulp
1 cup chilled full cream milk
a pinch of nutmeg powder (optional)
some ice cubes (optional)
1.5 tbsp sugar or as required
2 scoop of vanilla icecream or any icecream
2-3 glazed cherries for garnish
few sliced mango cubes for garnish
1 tbsp pistachio flakes (optional)
1 tbsp tutti frutti
(dried sweetened papaya candies)
1 tbsp silvered almonds (optional)
a pinch of salt
Firstly combine the fresh mango cubes or mango pulp in the grinder.
Add sugar, salt if using and nutmeg powder. Grind to a smooth puree.
Now add milk and few ice cubes. Grind again until all blends well.
Pour into the serving glasses leaving half inch space on the top.
Scoop out a dollop of icecream and place them on the top.
Now garnish with sliced mango cubes, glazed cherries, pistachio flakes, silvered almonds and tutti frutti. Your mango mastani is ready serve them chilled.
1. Adding nuts are optional but it gives a nice nutty flavour.
2. I love nutmeg hence added but it’s optional.
3. You could use any icecream of your choice.
4. If you don’t have fresh mangoes then use canned mangoes.
5. Add sugar as per the sweetness of your mangoes.
6. Have this drink soon else the icecream would melt.
7. I always add a pinch of salt to all my dessert but you could skip it.
8. If your are fond of mangoes then do check mango milkshake, mango lassi, mango kulfi, mango icecream, mango cake, eggless mango cake,