Sigiriya Police are investigating the death of an 18-year-old student of a vocational training center at Inamaluwa in Sigiriya.

Police said the student had been washing a three-wheeler at the location using a high-powered water hose. However, after washing the three-wheeler, the victim had been found by teachers and another student collapsed nearby and still holding the hose in his hands.

He was admitted to the Dambulla Hospital but was pronounced dead. It is suspected that he died after being electrocuted. The body is lying at the Dambulla Hospital pending a post-mortem examination due to be held today.