Police Headquarters today revealed that the Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) had questioned several retired commanders of the armed forces and other senior officers.
Issuing a media release, Police Headquarters stated that the FCID questioned these retired military officers on information that they had been engaged in political work while serving as diplomats under the former regime.
Accordingly, the FCID had quizzed the following officers:
- Shantha Kottegoda (Former Army Commander / Former Ambassador to Thailand)
- Jayalath Weerakkody (Former Air Force Commander / Former High Commissioner to Pakistan
- Wasantha Karannagoda (Former Navy Commander / Former Ambassador to Japan)
- Thisara Samarasinghe (Former Navy Commander / Former High Commissioner to Australia)
- Jagath Kumara Wijesiri (Retired Major General of the Army / Former Minister-Counsellor: Sri Lankan Embassy in Japan)