Microsoft Sri Lanka launched Office 2016 on September 22, 2015 in tandem the official launch of Windows 10, their new generation operating system which was unveiled earlier in July 2015. Together, the new Office and Windows 10 are the most complete solution for doing. The Office 2016 apps run beautifully on the best Windows ever, including the new Sway for Windows 10 to create shareable, interactive stories that look great on any screen. Windows Hello logs you into Windows and Office 365 in one simple step. Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 empower on-the-go productivity, including use with Continuum so you can use your phone like a PC.
Office 2016 apps are the latest addition to Office 365, Microsoft’s cloud-based subscription service that helps people do their best work, together. The company also announced new and enhanced Office 365 services that further demonstrate how Office has expanded to become a powerful suite of integrated apps and services built for team productivity.
Office 2016 provides built-in intelligence to help you work faster and smarter.
• Outlook 2016 provides the smartest inbox yet, with lightning fast search and automatic removal of low priority mail.
• Tell Me helps you quickly find the right Office feature or command, and Smart Lookupbring insights from the web right into your documents.
• Excel 2016 now includes integrated publishing to Power BI and new modern chart-types to help you make the most of your data.
Office 2016 apps with Office 365 deliver new capabilities for better enterprise security and protection.
• Built-in Data Loss Prevention across Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, significantly reduces the risk of leaking sensitive data with tools for IT administrators to manage content authoring and document sharing policies.
• Multi-factor Authentication ensures secured access to content when you’re away from the corporate network.
• Enterprise Data Protection will be available for the Office Mobile apps for Windows 10 later this year and for the desktop apps early next year, enabling secured content sharing within corporate boundaries.
Windows 10 which is delivered as a service, offersa safer, innovative and updated experience for the supported lifetime of a device and is expected to mark the beginning of a more personal computing era in the mobile-first, cloud-first world. Equipped with a wide range of new experiences, Windows 10 is the beginning of the more personal computing era, where people rather than technology are at the center.
With the new offerings of their signature Windows 10 and Office 2016 Microsoft reemphasizes its new mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more; making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Brian Kealey, Country Manager for Microsoft Sri Lanka & Maldives speaking to the Media at the launch said “I am here during a time when the company is making some great strides in the Cloud First – Mobile First world and I look forward to sharing new and innovative technology that will increase the productivity of every Sri Lankan. I am aware of the significant contribution we have already made in bridging the digital divide especially in the education sector and amongst marginalized societies such as migrant workers and unemployed youth. I along with my leadership team look forward to continuing this work and supporting the government in taking technology to every part of Sri Lanka.”
Reinventing productivity and business processes, building an intelligent cloud platform, and creating more personal computing, are all part of Microsoft’s 3 pronged strategy to achieve their mission to make a difference in every life across the globe.
About Microsoft Sri Lanka
Established its formal presence in 2004 as a fully owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation – the world leader in software, services and solutions – has become a formidable brand in Sri Lanka with a wide and impactful reach across the country.