A woman died of asphyxia after falling into a lavatory pit at Meedeniya Parape in Rambukkana yesterday while the same fate befell three other individuals who had attempted to rescue her.

According to Police sources, the woman had slipped into the pit when disposing garbage in the morning. Later, three neighbors who came to rescue the woman had also collapsed into the pit having inhaled the fumes. Another four individuals who had arrived to rescue the first four victims were hospitalized after they breathed a poisonous gas in the lavatory pit.

Currently one individual is receiving treatment at Rambukkana hospital while another has been transferred to the Kegalle hospital.

Previous articleWolf Hall
Next articlePromise to be inseparable